Gulf of Mexico

Gulf of Mexico
It's A Beautiful World...Be Healthy So You Can Enjoy It!

Thursday, July 31, 2014

Motivation

How do you get motivated to exercise? 
How do you stay motivated?
For me, my diabetes is looming and I won't go down without a fight. 
Even with that diagnosis, I still struggle. It's a habit - habits have to be built from the ground floor, then maintained.  
Each person is different - your list of why you want to or need to exercise is going to look different then mine. Your motivational will be different. 
It helps to identify goals, and set them down. I just mapped out the runs I want to do from October-May, and that helps motivate me because I have to train. My blood sugar was terrible this morning, and that motivates me.  I need to walk my dog. Etc. 
In place of excuses, look for reasons to exercise. Mine look like this: I always feel better after I go. I've made great progress and I don't want to go backward. It's only 64 degrees right now - a miracle in July! I want to wear my cute workout clothes.  If I do it now I can reward myself with a beach afternoon. 
Definitely squash any excuse that comes to mind. Unless you have been to a physician who has told you not to exercise, there IS no excuse. 
Everyone needs to exercise. It's part of taking care of ourselves. It's what we need to do to live longer, healthier lives. 
Get moving!
e b e r

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love feedback, but all comments will be moderated for suitability!