Gulf of Mexico

Gulf of Mexico
It's A Beautiful World...Be Healthy So You Can Enjoy It!

Wednesday, May 13, 2015

Excuses, Excuses

I've fallen off. I've derailed. I went off the grid. 
It happens to most people - probably everyone if they were honest. 
It started when my blood sugars went wonkie after having to take steroids - and they are still high. After all my hard work and vigilance, I found myself having terrible blood sugars. It threw me. 
A big pile of stress was next - and since I already was not using my healthy coping, I went to unhealthy eating. 
Next, accountability fell off. I stopped tracking food. I half heartedly ate right - as soon as I ate something unhealthy, I said this day is toast - and I ate bad the rest of the day. 
Excuses:

*I can't beat this diabetes so why comply?
*I already got off track for the week. I'll start back next week
*I need my rest
*I can't catch up on my challenge, so I'll start next week 


I stepped on the scale this morning, and I haven't gained an ounce. I was down. But I know it's not about the numbers. 
I was talking to my friend, coworker, and FitBit buddy this morning - she was talking about how she, too, had gotten derailed. 
What's the point? We are all human. I've been on this healthy living path for four years. Overall I am much healthier than I was. 
So today I focus on the good again, instead of kicking myself. I'm tracking my food. I have my goals for today. I've come too far. 
Acknowledging excuses for what they are is the first step to getting back on track!
Onward!


e b e r

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love feedback, but all comments will be moderated for suitability!