Gulf of Mexico

Gulf of Mexico
It's A Beautiful World...Be Healthy So You Can Enjoy It!

Monday, June 20, 2016

Whole Food, Plant Based Diet Starts Today

*Note: this is a personal blog. It's my journey. My thoughts should not be mistaken for medical advice. Please consult your physician before changing anything regarding your health. I'm sitting at my doctors office right now!! 

Well, I am a frustrated human. 
I have been following Atkins diet - and there are a lot of great options for me there. 
My personal problem with it is all the chemicals - sure, I can have shakes and bars and snacks that taste like candy and cookies and milkshakes. 
To put it in the words of my friend Kristy, though, those are "gateway foods" - foods that make me want more sweets. That keep my sugar craving brain active. 
I miss fruit. I miss not craving diet soda. 
So after study and much prayer and consideration, I'm going to try another path. 
Based on "Forks Over Knives", today - the first day of summer - I'm going to change over to a whole food, plant based diet. 
My personal ails - type 2 diabetes that I now am on insulin for - and genetic high cholesterol are what led me to make this change. 
I need to get away from chemicals and sweets. I want to live off food that is as close to its original form as possible. 
This will not be inexpensive.
Neither is insulin and diabetic supplies. 
I had my last Atkins shake this morning, and I would like to eliminate artificial sweeteners. 
My back is feeling better, and I begin my running training again today. 
I hope by fall I will be at least 20 pounds lighter, stronger, leaner, less bloated. 
I'll keep you posted. 
Meanwhile - it's the first day of summer. What healthy change can you make for yourself today?
e b e r

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love feedback, but all comments will be moderated for suitability!