Gulf of Mexico

Gulf of Mexico
It's A Beautiful World...Be Healthy So You Can Enjoy It!

Tuesday, September 29, 2015

The Health/Happiness Connection

I've been working on becoming more mindful about my mental health - what to accept, what to let go, etc. 
This is another part of my holistically driven health goal - better mental, physical, emotional, and spiritual health. 
This week I was in the inter mountain west for a whole week. 
Physically, I was outside in my favorite part of the country, breathing clean air, hiking, walking, climbing, fishing. And sleeping like I haven't slept in years. 
Emotionally, I was reconnecting with family - and making my peace. I was journaling, and I was laughing and spontaneous. 
Spiritually I connected to the "old me". I came out of my doldrums and entered peace. Joy. Happiness!
From a health standpoint, my blood sugars were better than they have been in months. I effortlessly lost 5 pounds.  My sleep was better. 
I felt - and feel - great!
I'm a mountain girl, and I was home. That week change my outlook. 
I was healthier by the numbers - and could it be because I was so much happier?
Everyone knows that stress is correlated negatively to health - increased stress leads to a myriad of health complications. 
So my aha moment - purpose to be happy. Choose joy! I have done so before off and on in the past, but never with my health specifically in mind. 
After a week of joy and fun and laughs and excitement, I feel better than I have in a long time.
And I have the numbers to prove it. 
Mindfulness is a trendy term, but I am choosing to be happy. To unabashedly take care of myself, to cheer myself and others on, to let the haters hate. 
I choose joy.
How about you? 
Your quality of life depends upon it.
e b e r 




No comments:

Post a Comment

I love feedback, but all comments will be moderated for suitability!