Gulf of Mexico

Gulf of Mexico
It's A Beautiful World...Be Healthy So You Can Enjoy It!

Wednesday, September 2, 2015

Vay Kay Eating

We are going to Disney World soon. 
How do you maintain your healthy lifestyle at an amusement park?
It can be done...but it takes intention, and planning!
First of all, don't get caught in the "it's a free weekend...I'll make up for it next week" trap. The damage you do to your health is not worth it. You could have a huge setback, causing you to fall off the wagon. 
That being said, plan for treats. There is a WIDE spectrum of treats, so evaluate your choices. Don't go off the deep end. Look at nutritional info about your favorite treats. I've had one Cronut in my life - and it will be my first and last. That was amazing - but I shudder to think of the carb and calories!
Start with breakfast. There are healthy high protein options. Look away from the waffles and pancakes. 
Bring a water bottle in to the park - keep refilling, and drink water all day. 
There are a lot of great healthy choices at the myriad of restaurants. Keep your head on. 
Be accountable - my glucose meter will be with me at all times. 
I plan to continue my run training around the lake while I am there. Again, don't fall off the wagon with your workout!
Do the things you know to do and you won't come home with regrets. And pounds! 
e b e r

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love feedback, but all comments will be moderated for suitability!