Gulf of Mexico

Gulf of Mexico
It's A Beautiful World...Be Healthy So You Can Enjoy It!

Monday, July 14, 2014

Fix Your Eyes on the Prize



Do you want to lose weight? Lose inches? Get healthy? Start exercising?

What are your goals? Why?

Before you start your journey, you have to identify where you want to be. Once you've identified that, you can determine if it is a worthwhile goal. 

If you are just trying to shrink a dress size or two, you are probably not going to be successful.  Likewise, the goal of a specific area if the body whittling down is also unrealistic. 

Getting and staying healthy - that became my goal. Before my diabetes diagnosis, I knew I had a few pounds to lose, so I half heartedly started cooking healthier. I would exercise intermittently. Because I was not giving it my all, I got little to know positive health benefits. 

Then I got serious. 

My goal became to get as healthy as I could...one step at a time. I didn't have a specific weight I aimed for - but I have dropped  from a size 14 to size 8 so far. I have gone from occasionally strolling around the neighborhood to working out regularly. 

It didn't happen overnight. 

It happens day by day.  

Every day, I set a goal. Today, my goal is to be true to my meatless Monday goal, and my goal is to not give in to afternoon junk food cravings. My goal is to get my 15k steps in, and to do my Piyo workout. 

I identified these goals this morning at 0400.  I put my eye on the goal, and I remain focused. 

If you fail to plan, you plan to fail. 

This is not a diet - it's a lifestyle. I know every day I reach my goals, my discipline and self control grow stronger. 

On days I don't meet the mark, I evaluate why...and I press forward. Begin again. I don't give up. I'm invested in myself. 

What are your goals? Are they long term? Are they realistic? 

Set your eye on your goal and get out there and get it!

e b e r

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love feedback, but all comments will be moderated for suitability!