Gulf of Mexico

Gulf of Mexico
It's A Beautiful World...Be Healthy So You Can Enjoy It!

Monday, July 7, 2014

Healthier Eating

Some time ago, I decided to participate in "Meatless Monday". I could easily be a vegetarian I love veggies so much, but I will always eat lean meat.  My family needed tweaking too - they did not share my love of veggies. Frankly, they got most veggies from cans. 
So I presented the first dish - baked ziti, with fresh local squash and zucchini instead of ground beef. They ate it, with a few remarks of how it was missing meat. As time has passed, the vegetable dishes I have presented have been accepted better, and even welcomed. It took time!
Now they love veggie baked ziti. At least one day a week is meat free. 
Make one change at a time...let it become habit, the norm, then change something else. Small steps that last will lead to success - lots of change at once leads to failure!
e b e r

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love feedback, but all comments will be moderated for suitability!