Gulf of Mexico

Gulf of Mexico
It's A Beautiful World...Be Healthy So You Can Enjoy It!

Sunday, July 6, 2014

Accountability

I love to eat. Really love to eat...I love good food, prepared with fresh, wholesome ingredients. I love junk food, too...but I don't eat it anymore. At 69.5" tall, my top weight was 192. Overweight, but never obese. I was sedentary when I wasn't running my butt off at work. Then, four years ago, I was diagnosed with type 2 diabetes. As a registered nurse, something had to give. I was not going to go down a path I knew too well, of illness and concurrent problems. So I began exercising. With my physicians permission of course. 
 DISCLAIMER: Although I am a medical provider, I am not a substitute for profession advise from your primary care provider! If you want to do something I do, talk to your doctor! 
Since that diagnosis, I have lost 30 pounds, shrunk from a size 14 to a size 8, wear small bottoms and medium tops, and feel better. I am also on no diabetic medications! Is it easy? Heck no! It takes discipline, sacrifice (bread, how I miss thee), imagination, and accountability. In the last 4 years, I have run 7 half marathons, 1 15k, 2 10k's, and lots of 5k's. I used to make fun of runners. I exercise on vacation! I swore I'd never do that! 
I'm getting older everyday. Everyday brings new challenges. This is the place I will come to be real about the journey of a former typical American. Well, I was never as fat. :) 
e.b.e.r

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love feedback, but all comments will be moderated for suitability!