Gulf of Mexico

Gulf of Mexico
It's A Beautiful World...Be Healthy So You Can Enjoy It!

Friday, July 11, 2014

Fitbit-Words Can't Express My Love, but I'll Try!



Yes, I am a Fitbit addict. 
I love love love my Fitbit. As with most fitness related purchases, I did a lot of research before I bought it last June.  I wanted a way to track my activity, set goals, and it had great reviews.  I got mine back when slate and black were the only band color options.
It has exceeded my expectations. It encourages me daily...when I see my progress, it motivates me to keep pressing.  When I am close to a goal, I will push through to reach it.  It's durable and now with the new colors, fun! Lightweight, waterproof. I love it!

The pink is my new Flex.  When I hit my goal, it will buzz on my wrist, and I do a happy dance! Every 20% toward my goal, a light will flash, and I know where I am. It's great after a busy day to look up my stats and see I've walked 3-5 miles on a nursing shift! The other band was my Force - loved it but it was recalled due to a tiny portion of users having a skin reaction. I never did. 
The battery lasts close to a week. I love it that I can uses it as an alarm- it's a gentle buzz on my arm that wakes me up, and doesn't wake my hubby when I wake up at 0340!


This was yesterday - work, and a walk when I got home. It now tracks extra exercise - yesterday was a 13hr work day. But on days I do Piyo or run or yoga or swim, I put it in there. It's a free app for my phone - it automatically sync's my steps and active minutes, or I can look it up and it will sync. My starting goal was 10k steps a day...eventually I increase my goal to 15k.  Goals help me stay on track!
My favorite part is my Fitbit FRIENDS! People who are just like me, living the healthy life, a day at a time.  They cheer me on - both through the app, and through groups on Facebook. They have become my sisters in health - you know you are! Xox
The Fitbit site online is awesome- as a diabetic, I can log my blood sugars and A1C there, and it will show trends for morning, afternoon, and evening sugars.  I track my water,  I track all my food intake on my phone app, and the online site shows me the breakdown of percentages of carbs, protein, and fat.  Since I manage my diabetes with my diet, this is a vital tool for me. The food data base is huge, and now you can scan a food product code with your phone and Fitbit will find it and input it to the data base. It is truly a way to be totally accountable!
There are several versions of the Fitbit- the Flex is the most popular.  Their website www.fitbit.com has all the info you need, and you can order there. Or you can go to retail outlets- the price is the same everywhere. 
Last, I am humbled and awed by their customer service. No kidding! Any questions or issues were handled quickly and professionally! I lost my first Flex in Cozumel, and they replaced it for free in record time. They set the standard for how customer service should be.
This was not a paid advertisement! I'm a Fitbit fanatic- built from a novice to an enthusiastic fan! If you are thinking about getting a tracker, I encourage you to check it out!
e b e r 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love feedback, but all comments will be moderated for suitability!