Gulf of Mexico

Gulf of Mexico
It's A Beautiful World...Be Healthy So You Can Enjoy It!

Monday, September 29, 2014

Inspiration

A friend and colleague of mine did the Ironman yesterday. 
Look it up.  Google. It is a monster endurance race of swimming, biking, and running. 
Not for me. 
I do, however, want to challenge myself.  I have a big birthday in 2017. I'm hoping that next fall I can qualify, so I can run the 2017 Boston Marathon. 
What?? I said I'd NEVER run a marathon, and now I have to run one marathon to qualify to run another one!
Boston is special for me because my relatives are from the area.  My grandfather is buried near there. Plus I was so inspired by the runners who said "in your face" to the cowards who did the bombing. 
The qualifying run is where I lived before I moved here. I left the most toxic, unhealthy time of my life. To qualify there, it really would be full circle. Symbolic of how far I have come, by the grace of God. 
Conquering the wall of no for my "big" birthday would have me in the best shape of my life. Again, how awesome.  
So, I'm grateful to my friend who pushed himself safely to meet a goal. Ultimately the competition is against yourself. 
Right now I'm in dream and discussion phase. Planning the trips associated so the run is part, and the rest is enjoying the cities with my hubby. 
What is your goal!? Mine started four years ago with walking daily. 
Start somewhere! Announce it - be accountable! Then GO FOR IT!
e b e r

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love feedback, but all comments will be moderated for suitability!