Gulf of Mexico

Gulf of Mexico
It's A Beautiful World...Be Healthy So You Can Enjoy It!

Monday, September 15, 2014

The Shake Debate

So, I have been looking and reading and watching and pricing...shakes.  Healthy ones, not the shakes of my past that came with lots of ice cream!
Popular exercise programs, including Piyo which I find to be a great adjunct to my running program, hawk the benefits of their shake for health and supplement. Or meal replacement! I cannot pay $4 a shake. I will not sell the product to get a discount.  I don't use them for meal replacement. 
So the search went on. 
Via another blogger, I found this product:

Amazing Grass

What appealed to me was it is gluten free and vegan  -lower carb by far than some other shakes I have seen. This particular product has the phytonutrients and green things missing from my ever healthier diet. It is not gritty and it doesn't taste like grass - and this coming from a girl that takes shots of wheat grass every time I go to the local farmers market. 

 
You may not be saying "yum", but I'm already pleased. It is helping greatly with my chronic lower GI problems. I mix it with light vanilla almond milk for breakfast. And ice! Easy! I read tons of reviews. I am pleased. Of course my disclaimer is always consult your physician before making changes! 
The other great thing is 30 servings for $20!  Now that's reasonable. 
The bottom line is make choices and changes - in conjunction with your health care team - that enhance your life. Safely!
e b e r

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love feedback, but all comments will be moderated for suitability!