Gulf of Mexico

Gulf of Mexico
It's A Beautiful World...Be Healthy So You Can Enjoy It!

Saturday, November 8, 2014

Running For My Life

Tomorrow I'm going to do a half marathon.  I've done seven in the last 4 years, but I've been off my training schedule for the past couple of months. 
I am still walking or walk/running 30-40 miles a week, so the new "lax" me is in a much better place physically 
than the girl who ran that first half four years ago.
Tomorrow is important. 
November is a heavy month for me emotionally. I've had three very close loved ones die in November. Some major life changing events happened to me in November. I've come to dread it. 
I have depression, and although I am medicated and counseled, there are times I need to do more. I knew I needed to turn November around. 
The simple, yet sometimes profound, daily affirmations of thankfulness are the first thing I did at the beginning of this month. It helps. 
I am also trying to be more mindful. For example, tonight as I observed a very miserable woman out to dinner with her spouse, I purposed to be more aware of my attitude. And how I am reflecting myself, and affecting others. 
Those are good things, but tomorrow's date is a significant day in my history. A day that, in the past, has made me morose, depressed, overly consumed. Etc. 
So tomorrow I am going to run. For my life. 
The last time I did this was after my miscarriage. I was in such a fragile state emotionally, and I needed to do something life affirming. I needed to push through the pain. So I ran, and so did the tears. 
So it will be tomorrow. 
I have a new playlist of music to keep me moving and positive. I go into this knowing full well I'm not going to have a peak performance- but that's okay. 
Tomorrow I am running for my life. 
I will be the better for it. 
e b e r

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love feedback, but all comments will be moderated for suitability!