Gulf of Mexico

Gulf of Mexico
It's A Beautiful World...Be Healthy So You Can Enjoy It!

Thursday, November 20, 2014

The #1 Question

What do you think the #1 question is that people ask me about my journey to a healthier of me? It isn't even close. After seeing the changes in my life and lifestyle, they always ask the same thing. 
How do I get the right shoes? 
It's the right question, for sure. Most people, including me in the beginning, are wearing the wrong shoes. And this one thing is a deal breaker! The wrong shoes will keep you from exercising, and could cause temporary or permanent injury. 
So what is my recommendation? 
Go to a running store. Notice I didn't say shoe store! Even if your plan is to walk, go to a running store - they know how to fit you with the proper shoe for what your goals are. They will do a gait analysis for free, and make recommendations based on how you move. 
It is a deal breaker. Yes, you may spend more money than the tennis shoes you buy on sale but shoes are foundational. Proper shoes protect your feet. They help your stride, which helps protect your back. 
So if you are considering starting to exercise, see your doctor. If they give you the go ahead, then... Get thee to the running store. 

Oh, and while you are at it get some good, supportive athletic socks. If they are cute, all the better!

e b e r

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love feedback, but all comments will be moderated for suitability!