Gulf of Mexico

Gulf of Mexico
It's A Beautiful World...Be Healthy So You Can Enjoy It!

Thursday, July 12, 2018

Little By Little

Little by little. Bit by bit. This is how I am increasing my activity. It is not without frustration - I want to do so much more! Even as I type this, though, I am stretching my lower back, because the pain has returned. Not at the same amplitude, thank goodness, but it is here all the same. I am back on the rebounder - a great, low impact, full body workout. It really works my core, when I am consciously working on my posture and core strength. I also am doing ab exercises for core strength. Today I start yoga - I have a DVD set that is aimed at working from stretching, to core work, to stretching and meditation. I am hoping this will help my back. I’m increasing my daily steps - I am not back up to my daily 15k yet, but I am getting closer. Everything in me wants to do more, but I know that my back won’t take it. I don’t want another setback, so I will do it like this. Little by little. Bit by bit. On the dietary front, I am drinking at least 80oz of water a day. I have gone away from ice in my water. It helps me drink more. I am journaling everything I eat on an app called “Lose It”. I keeps track of my carbs, which helps me properly dose my insulin. It also has the total calorie count. It’s been the most user friendly app I have used for this purpose. One day at a time - mindful eating and moving, every day! e b e r

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love feedback, but all comments will be moderated for suitability!