Gulf of Mexico

Gulf of Mexico
It's A Beautiful World...Be Healthy So You Can Enjoy It!

Thursday, July 5, 2018

Bumps In The Road

Oh, this diabetes. Oh vay, my back. These factors have really hampered my efforts to exercise regularly. I started vigorous exercise with type one diabetes a couple of months ago - I loved the exercise, but despite carb loading and bringing sugary drinks, my blood sugar would drop like a stone. Not a good feeling. And not a safe way to be driving. I still haven’t figured out how to exercise and maintain safe blood sugars. The more acute player is my back - both my original back issue, and a new player, my SI joint. I have been on very modified behaviour for quite a while. In the mean time, I am paying attention to the thing that needs to be monitored and mindfully done all the time - eating and drinking. I have been trying to find my carbs per day happy place. To say insulin dependent diabetes has rocked my world is an understatement. I am mindful of everything I eat and drink - I’m so glad for the years I made changes when they thought I was type 2 diabetic. That is the foundation I am building on. On the advice of my endocrinologist, I am not doing the keto diet. I am eating low carb, whole food, and drinking at least 80oz of water a day. I drink diet soda - no regrets. I’ve given up a lot! I need to start walking more - this week the goal is to get back to 15k steps a day. Small, attainable goals will get me back on track. I also will be starting a yoga program to strengthen my core. It is my hope that these exercises will give me the ability to run again. A fresh start! Starts now! e b e r

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love feedback, but all comments will be moderated for suitability!