Gulf of Mexico

Gulf of Mexico
It's A Beautiful World...Be Healthy So You Can Enjoy It!

Sunday, May 8, 2016

Dealing With Temptation

My kryptonite is donuts. 
There. 
I've said it. 
Cupcakes are a close second, but those freshly iced rings of sugar delight will get me almost every time. 
In the BD days, before diabetes, I would eat one or two, fully enjoying every. Single. Bite. (Insert deep sigh).
AD, a donut is no Bueno. 
My disease is progressive one. One that doesn't allow me to cheat without an insulin chaser. No thanks!
So here's what has been on my counter for the last 48 hours:


Except there were three more, slowly being eaten by the inhabitants of my casa. 
Not me. 
I was there when they were purchased. I smelled the sugary Krispy Kreme air. I could taste it in my not so distant memory. I did not eat one. 
I rode home for over 2 hours with the box in the back seat, tantalizingly wafting sugary puffs of days gone by. 
I did not eat one. 
I woke up hungry yesterday, and drank my one gram Atkins shake, staring at the box like it was poison. 
To me, it is. 
Each blood sugar over 130 damages my body. 
I love donuts, but I love my toes more. And my vision. And my kidneys. 
It's hard as hell to resist eating the high carb foods I used to eat without thought. 
I'm thinking about everything now. 
e b e r

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love feedback, but all comments will be moderated for suitability!