Gulf of Mexico

Gulf of Mexico
It's A Beautiful World...Be Healthy So You Can Enjoy It!

Saturday, April 30, 2016

The Eating

I've blogged a lot, exercised a lot, and repeated a lot. I have not talked a lot about eating - and I am definitely doing a lot of that!!
Tonight I am satiated with a full belly of good food. Let me back up, though, and take you through today. 
This morning I ran a 10k in miserable muggy 83% humidity. 79 degrees. It's one of my favorite 10k's, but oy vay that weather. 
I started my day with an Atkins chocolate shake and a cup of coffee with a tablespoon of coconut oil in it. It was my tiny carb and caffeine prep for the run. 
After the race, I had a banana (the only time I will eat one is post race), a slice of cheese pizza, green salad with raspberry vinaigrette, and a light beer. Lots of water from that point on!!
Next stop was a local Nola themed breakfast joint. Here's my brunch:



Yum. Off the rails, but I had one slice of bacon and two slices of the bananas foster pain perdu. Ridiculously delish! And a Bloody Mary. It's my day off and spouse and I enjoyed the day. 11.5 miles travelled today, so that was my treat. 
I drank water through the day, then had a a snack of string cheese. 
Dinner was ah. Maze. Ing!! We grilled out.  

 


Ribeye steak ( half for tomorrow's lunch), garlic butter shrimp, fresh zucchini and squash, and fresh pineapple marinated in coconut white balsamic vinaigrette. Perhaps one of the best things I've ever eaten!  


And a pineapple mojito made with Splenda simple syrup. 
I rarely drink, but occasionally spouse and I will enjoy an adult beverage. Always lo carb minded for me. 
So I had a sparse breakfast, a good workout, great treat brunch, and a healthy high protein, low carb dinner. 
I'm not missing a thing! AND I have surf and turf leftovers for lunch!
Now I've blogged. 
Repeating soon.

e b e r

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love feedback, but all comments will be moderated for suitability!