Gulf of Mexico

Gulf of Mexico
It's A Beautiful World...Be Healthy So You Can Enjoy It!

Wednesday, March 16, 2016

Get Out of The Car

Seriously. 
Get out of the car. 
The car is the place of anonymous caloric offenses. 
If I get out of the car at the coffee place, I avoid the 15 cars waiting. I walk a few extra steps for the day. I carry my cup in. I get a plain coffee - I've gone to that, as my tolerance for carbs disappears like grains of sand in the wind. I actually interact with people - hard, but necessary. I put cinnamon in my coffee, which is good for my diabetic self.  I walk back to my car. 
If I sit in my car, I can change my mind. I can order something I shouldn't. No one will see me with the high calorie frothy drink, and maybe a pastry. 
Get out of the car. 
I've cut fast food out of my life. I won't get out of my car because I don't want to admit that I am going to eat that. But in my car...I can "impulsively" pull in for that craving for whatever forbidden food I am allowing to comfort me. In my car I can eat anonymously. 
It's such a small step.  
It can make a huge difference...literally!
e b e r

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love feedback, but all comments will be moderated for suitability!