Gulf of Mexico

Gulf of Mexico
It's A Beautiful World...Be Healthy So You Can Enjoy It!

Friday, March 4, 2016

A Soda Discussion

Coca Cola and I go way back. 
I've been guzzling soda since high school. With great enthusiasm!! 
15 years ago I discovered Sonic, and route 44 cherry limeades became a big part of summer. Where I live hot weather lasts forever, and I always had a giant soda in my hand. 
Going to the movies? Large soda. 
Going out to eat? Glass after glass of soda. 
Then came diabetes. Five years ago, I drank my last regular soda. 
Unfortunately, I still wanted to fulfill my soda craving. So I switched to Coke Zero. Diet Dr Pepper. Diet root beer. 
Back when I drank regular soda, I swore I'd never drink diet. I didn't want to. 
Then diabetes. I drink a LOT of water everyday...but what do I do for flavor?? Iced tea, green tea, coffee - and water. I wanted more. 
Diet soda moved into prominence. 
I've read a lot about diet soda and what the consequences are. 
I've wanted to quit a long time. 
Just like the rest of the dietary changes I have made permanent in my life in my quest toward healthy, clean eating, soda took a process to release. 
I've begun to phase it out. I've gone all week without it. I just don't think glasses full of chemicals are good for me. The artificial sweetness makes me want more sweets. 
I'm drinking iced green tea as I write this. I've discovered a lot of delicious tea flavored that don't need any sweetener. 
Every day, life is full of choices. One day at a time leads to changes that matter. The journey continues to a healthier me. 
e b e r

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love feedback, but all comments will be moderated for suitability!