Gulf of Mexico

Gulf of Mexico
It's A Beautiful World...Be Healthy So You Can Enjoy It!

Monday, February 23, 2015

Where Are You?

Tomorrow is my birthday. My birthday, much more than New Years Eve, makes me reflect on my life. Now that I have diabetes, exercise induced asthma, and now I'm taking INH for LTB with a clear chest x-ray, I have a lot of things to think about when it comes to my health. Where do I want to be, from a health standpoint? Positives - since my Aria scale, I am more accountable, and slowly losing weight. My goal weight is 150. No more than 160. This would be ideal for my BMI based on height. I have gotten a Bellicon rebounder, which has really helped my core strength, and helps me do things I couldn't do before on hard ground. - jumping jacks, for example. And it's a lot of fun, so I use it almost daily. My stamina is better. My daily steps and stairs and overall fitness is better. Now areas to work on - the INH is making life difficult. The first huge hurdle is it messes with my carbohydrate metabolism. When I started the medicine last month, my blood sugars went through the roof. Which made me so hungry. But I was trying to eat no carbs. But my sugars were still terrible. So, unhappily, I started back on metformin. I didn't want to, after successfully getting off all meds, but my blood sugars were high, and I knew that the long term effects were bad. So I sucked it up and got back on the meds. My sugars are within normal range. I'm still working on lowering my daily carbs to 40 a day. Exhaustion continues to plague me. It's frustrating. I feel like I should feel better because I am doing better. Exhaustion is something I deal with daily. It greatly affects my motivation. That's why my support groups online help me so much - the Fitbit groups keep me moving, encourage me. The Fitbit challenges help as well. Overall, I am healthier today than I have ever been. My goal is that by next year's birthday post, I will have run my Boston qualifier and made the race list, and I will be at goal weight. And since I will be off the dreaded INH, I hope to be off metformin, too. One day at a time. Controlling that which I can control, and releasing that which I cannot. I'm grateful to be here, learning how to be a better steward of this body every day. e b e r

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love feedback, but all comments will be moderated for suitability!