Gulf of Mexico

Gulf of Mexico
It's A Beautiful World...Be Healthy So You Can Enjoy It!

Wednesday, December 31, 2014

Step on It


The scale.
For most women, we have a dread of stepping on the scale. 
That's why it's so important the focus is on health and not weight. 
Obsessing about weight causes eating disorders. The other end is denial of our true weight, which leads to more weight gain and an unhealthier self. 
I think an accurate scale is important. It's part of accountability. You can lie to yourself that your weight s fine if you never have to look at it. 
But BMI is important. Obesity and its complications kills more people than any single disease out there. 
So step on it. Get real. Get moving.
Then be balanced. 
I just got an Aria scale by Fitbit for Christmas. I'm so excited! I made a pact with myself to only weigh in on Monday mornings. 
Oh, I want to get on it. Daily. But that is just crazy making. There are so many things that change our weight daily, and don't give us any idea of the big picture.
So for the new year, get on that scale. Get real. Celebrate if you are where you need to be as a healthy person, and if it is a different number, start setting realistic goals. Get moving! You can do it!
You have to start with the facts!  
e b e r

1 comment:

  1. I agree that obsessing about weight can lead to eating disorders, so it's best to limit the frequency that we weigh ourselves.

    I love my Aria scale and it's accuracy. I like being able to weigh myself to track progress, adjust my goals, and hold myself accountable. I'm getting ready to step on my Aria this morning.

    ReplyDelete

I love feedback, but all comments will be moderated for suitability!