Gulf of Mexico

Gulf of Mexico
It's A Beautiful World...Be Healthy So You Can Enjoy It!

Sunday, January 1, 2017

Six Miles

Welcome to a new year. A new day! A lot of people make resolutions. I have done so in the past, but more than anything it's just a reminder to keep pressing on. A healthy lifestyle doesn't start on a day...it starts every day. Last week I woke up practically immobilized from my back issue. Once that cleared, my compensating right knee was struggling. As the previous post attested to, I stayed on track with my healthy eating and breathing, etc. Today I decided to head out on a run, getting back on track with my exercise. Well, I ended up doing 6.2 miles. And I feel great! It ended up to be a great workout, despite the heat and humidity and puddle dodging. More than that, it really encouraged me. I remember starting this journey six years ago - when I set out to walk a 5k a day. Just a 3.12 mile walk daily. Now, I've done 17 half marathons, and lots of 10 and 5k's. It's still hard to believe it's me. Today reminds me how far I have come. I had to take that first step out of the door, though. And everyday, I have to remind myself that I am going to be as healthy as I want to be. Make a goal. It's your life, your goal. And start. You can do it! e b e r

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love feedback, but all comments will be moderated for suitability!